Sunday, June 12, 2011

I hate taxes too.

Sadly my cuts only add up to about $318 billion with a deficit of $1.65 trillion so we need some taxes to make up the difference.  This made me think what tax would hurt the least and get the most.  I saw another big problem  the import deficit.  In April alone we imported $219.2 billion and only exported $175.6 billion leaving a gap of $43.6 billion.  Now my idea in to tax imports at there final sale by 10% and raise it 1% each month there is a deficit and lower it 1% each month we have a surplus.  If this lowers imports by 10% the first  month to $197.3 billion it that would still bring in $19.73 billion. With nearly $20 billion a month that would be about $240 billion a year.  In addition this could make us more competitive making more jobs here.  We need to reawaken  the industrial giant we are.  Though it looks like I have more research to do cause even with the new tax and my cuts it only adds to $558 billion leaving $1.092 trillion.

No comments:

Post a Comment