Sunday, June 5, 2011

Children a blessing or a curse part 1

My two wonderful children are my life.  At times like any parent they frustrate me but I wouldn't trade them for the world.  I got married at 21 and my wife and I wanted to get some things in order before I had children.  While I was getting things in order I got crushed by a truck, I recovered and thought everything was fine.  A while later my wife and I decided we would try and after a year of trying we went to find out why.  We were told something was wrong with me and having children may not be possible and to have any chance we would need a very expensive procedure.  At that point we decided to go the adoption route.  The adoption process is intense and very competitive.  I learned the average wait time is between 9 months and a year.  In addition they have income requirements, finger printing,and back round checks.  This showed me the value of babies.  I found that there are plenty of children in the system cause everyone wants babies not young children.  Luckily for me my wife got pregnant with my son.  I was especially grateful because I don't know how long it would have taken for me with the stiff level of competition.  What does all this have to do with the government I will get to in my next post.  Thank you for reading check in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment