Wednesday, September 21, 2011

smoking by state

A lot has been going on in my life so it has been a while since I last wrote so I decided to do for each state how much they could save by cutting there entitlements to smokers.  I will do it by which state would save the most to the state that would save the least.  I got the % of smokers from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the spending from http://www.usgovernmentspending.com .  I counted pension, health care and welfare as entitlements.  I also figured it as though half smokers quit.  It may come as no surprise that though it  has a low % of smokers of only 14.7% because it spends 136.9 billion dollars and would be able to save just over 10 billion.  Check tomorrow if your state comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment