Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kids not growing up fast enough

Kids are growing up to fast in all the wrong places and none of the right ways.  I have wonderful parents who gave me an opportunity to do a paper route with my dad at 14.  I got my first real job at 17 and was working full time at 18 which because of our broken education system was appropriate.  I pointed out in my post on education how some would finish school at 12 to 14.  With the problem of no cheap work force children are the answer.  China has many kids working as young as 8.  With the prisoner working program we wont need them to work at 8 but lowering the age to 10 would be a good idea.  With giving kids more responsibility we should also give more freedom.  Allow smoking at 10, drinking and getting married at 12.  Joining the military and drinking at 13.  Buying a home and entering contracts at 16.  By allowing them to grow up faster we get to take advantage of the new baby boom that started about 6 years ago.  While they were young and still living at home they could save and work towards better jobs so when they moved out they would be starting better then those moving out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment